সোমবার, ১৩ জুন, ২০১১

DHAKA-with the eye of a hawker


The Dhaka is a amazing city, amazing it’s people…everything are amazing in it………..

said by a mobile tea hawker at T.S.C  at a evening to me when I asked him about Dhaka city and about his profession. His approach of talking interested me and I wanted to go with him for a father conversation. Sohor Ali is his name. but he came from khuksa (kumarkhali,Kustia).He said,” from my child all of people around me make me annoyed to say that your name is Sohor Ali but why you are living in such a small village”. I don’t answer but I became very angry and always thinking how I can go to city to earn money, my nearest town is Kustia, but I decided to go to Dhaka when I was 18 with a little amount of money. After coming I was searching for a job like peon, doorkeeper etc because I passed S.S.C. but no one gave me such type of opportunity. When I am totally mentally disappointed, wanted to go back home. One day I was sitting in front of T.S.C at Dhaka University and saw that there were some men and boys selling tea moving here and there. It interested me and I talked 2 or 3 of them about their business and I decided to go through it and want to start the business. Within two days I bought a big flux with 500 tk. , half kg. tea, few plastic container for biscuits and half dozen of cups and started business. Every morning I prepare tea for a flux and come to T.S.C and Sarwarrdi uddan for sell. I sell tea, biscuits and cigarette on moving. Every day I sell three flux tea and a standard amount of cigarette and biscuits. At first my total invest was 1100 tk. and now I am in profit. Excluding everything I profit 500 to 600 tk. I was born in such a very poor family who had no capacity to give me three meals per day. But now I and my family are fine with the earning. I am in business for 4 years. Dhaka is a nice city because it gives me the earning opportunity which I never think at village. So I am very grateful to the city. but I sometime feel very bad to watch naughty and unethical facts and unwanted events when I sale tea at the evening and after at  Sarwarrdi uddan and it’s around. He said me; you can’t imagine what type of events occurred after evening at the area, it hearts me and think what type of educated and civilized people they are. Whatever he is doing his job well. He always expects one day environment will be fine. He doesn’t want to settle in Dhaka in future. He seems Dhaka as a way of making money which helps him to make a standard saving for future invest to establish a permanent little business in his locality. In his eyes Dhaka is good to earn money for a certain period but not good for living for long time because of traffic jam, polluted environment, busyness of people, lack of relationship to each other and so on.

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন

ভাবতেছি জবটা চেঞ্জ করব। কিন্তু ভয় পাচ্ছি!

ভাবতেছি জবটা চেঞ্জ করব। কিন্তু ভয় পাচ্ছি! যারা এমন চিন্তায় আছেন তারা ঠিক লাইনেই আছেন। কারন আপনি কেন জব চেঞ্জ করতে চান তা আপনার থেকে ভাল কে...